Thursday, March 25, 2010

My new life day to day.

Well its been a little over two weeks now and I have to say its been a mix of emotions and adventures. I write this blog today to explain to some what its been like for me. I'm not writing this for sympathy, I'm just writing to tell you, what my day to day life is like now.

On Mondays I'm normally alone, but I do have a friend who visits to break up my day which is wonderful. My husband takes care of everything else that I need before he goes to work. And then when he gets home he makes sure I am all set at night. From Tuesdays-Thursdays, my mom travels up two hours to stay with me. She has been helping me get organized and makes sure my house keeping (laundry, cleaning and any errands) are taken care of. I don't require this of her, but she insists on helping us and she does an amazing job. I'm hoping in time this doesn't become a burden on her. Then on Fridays, some of my other friends stop by at lunch time to break up my day. Weekends and nights are left to my husband who works a full time job and is doing all that he can. With every one's help I feel like my life is as normal, as normal can be right now.

I miss cooking, cleaning and just having the freedom to get up and move around. I have set up camp upstairs in our master bedroom. I don't go downstairs or leave my bedroom unless I have a doctors appointment. Which lately has been once every two weeks. My husband makes dinner when he gets home, and brings it upstairs to me and we eat on a little table we have setup in our room. The only views I have of the outside world is from the windows of my bedroom and the Internet.

Since I'm almost 6 months pregnant now I really can't lay on my back for much longer then 5 minutes. So most of my time is laying on my sides. The doctor still won't let me sit up, so the only time I'm upright is when I get up to use the restroom or when I get up to eat. I limit my time sitting while eating to five minutes. I try to eat as healthy as I can because gaining weight is a concern for women while on bed rest.

I'm not much of a TV watcher so I try to find other things to do. I have plenty of magazines to look through and I go online once or twice a day. I'm still getting myself organized as far as bills and such go. But for the most part it isn't that bad. I have my moments of sadness and I think its only normal to feel that way. I try not to think of what could happen to baby Lily because I feel we will get through this, but sometimes I can't help but worry.

I tell others not to worry about me, I am strong and in the end I know it will work itself out. I do wish for once, I could get a break. I feel like my life medically has always been a struggle, and I always feel like I have to work for everything I have. I think that is what breaks my heart the most. I know everything happens for a reason and I would never change anything that has happened to me....But just once, I wish I could catch a break.

I know many people have harder things to have to go through in their lives and I don't want anyone to think I don't realize that. Good things happen to good people and I know in my heart I am a good person. Things could be worse so I am saying here and now, I am totally thankful for the situation I am going through.

4 comments:

  1. Megan,

    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. You are very fortunate to have a loving husband and family that will support you - it's times like these that you really appreciate the awesome people in your life. I will be sending good vibes your way and I hope for a quick, healthy and safe third trimester for you.

    I will be following your progress.

    Love you :)

    Brandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job, Beautiful. I'm so proud of you, not just for what you're doing for Lily but for the way you still have a smile on your face :).

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there kids! Hug each other for me and Uncle Leo. Bed rest is a blessing in disguise. Sleep is one thing you won't be getting very much once Lily is here.I kept Jeff awake a lot during the day before he was born. My counselees would pat me on the belly when they left my office. He always slept really well at night and continued to do so after he was born.
    It may seem boring now, but your body is gearing up for a new adventure - giving birth.
    Go with the flow and know how many people love you both and are holding good thoughts for an easy delivery and healthy baby.
    We're glad your mom can come up for a few days each week. That's a wonderful gift to you both (oops, three).
    We'll give you a call over the weekend - we'd like to hear your voice, and sounds like you're easy to find.
    Love you both,
    Auntie Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. No doubt you are in a tough position, and I am glad you can write it down and talk through it. I'm sure it helps keep you sane :-)

    It's totally natural to wish things were easier, and it doesn't make you ungrateful for what you do have. Good things happen to good people, but so do bad things. The big question is Why? The best I have come up with, after a lot of thought and reflection, is "just because" =) There is no reason. At least, there is no reason we are privy to knowing. It doesn't stop us from asking and wondering over and over again. I guess the phrase 'S@&! Happens' sums it up for me. It's how you deal with it that makes you the wonderful woman, wife, and mother that you are. And you are doing great! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete