Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Weekly Appointment - 38 weeks

Today I had my 38 week appointment. We got to see baby Lily as they did an ultrasound to check the size of the baby. She is still sunny side up but head is down so she is ready to go. She measured 6 pounds 10 ounces, which is in the 52ND percentile. We were very happy to hear the news. She's a healthy happy baby.

The nurse practitioner checked my vitals, everything was normal. She measured my belly and it was measuring 36 cm which is a bit small, for I am 37 1/2 weeks, but towards the end of your pregnancy you start to stop gaining weight and might even lose a few pounds. Nothing for us to be concerned with. When the nurse checked my status she told us I was 80% effaced and finger tip width dilated. We were so excited progress is being made!!! :-)

The nurse told us the signs of labor we should be aware of and what we can do to help speed things along. We will have another appointment next week if I don't go into labor before then. We'll keep everyone posted should Lily decide to bloom.

No comments:

Post a Comment