Monday, January 10, 2011

Going back to work part time

After months on bed rest and 6 months of colic, I decided to go back to work. It was a really hard decision for me to make. I really love my job and I really love my daughter. I was torn on what to do. I figured the only way I could make the right decision for myself was to give it a shot. I had Mary to come to the house to watch Lily during the day so I know she was in good hands.

Today was my first day back, I will only be working three days a week. I cried on my way to work and I couldn't drive fast enough to get back home. It was nice to be with my piers and to talk about whats been going on in the rest of the world since I went out on bed rest. I really missed everyone.

Coming home to my daughter and knowing she was safe and sound was wonderful too. I'm going to try this working part time thing, for a few weeks and see how it goes. I'm not sure it will ever go into full time work but I'm just going to take it day by day until I decide what I want to do.

(I just want to give a special thanks to my wonderful husband for allowing me the option to go back to work or to stay home, he told me the decision was all mine. I know he really wanted me to stay home with Lily.)

No comments:

Post a Comment