Wednesday, May 12, 2010

30 weeks (7.5 months) Doctor's Visit

Today I have my follow up doctor's visit to get all of my blood work and gestational diabetes test results. I am visiting my OB today so I won't be having an ultrasound done. She will just measure my belly size, take all my vitals and ask me if I'm having any contractions or issues.

My results from the diabetes tests came back and I don't have gestational diabetes which is nice to know. I didn't think I would because I try to live a very healthy lifestyle but I know sometimes it just happens to pregnant women no matter how healthy you live. My blood work was fine except I am showing a little low on my iron levels, meaning I might be slightly anemic. She told me I should take an iron supplement for the remainder of the pregnancy. She gave me some samples and a prescription for more if needed.

I haven't had any contractions or any other issues. She said I looked great and my weight gain was right on track. It was a good visit. I will see her again in two weeks along with seeing my high risk doctor on the same day.

No comments:

Post a Comment