Sunday, May 9, 2010

Celebrating "Mommy To Be" Mother's Day

Today is Mother's Day and for me, even though I am over 7 months pregnant I don't feel like I can "officially" celebrate mothers day. I know I became a mother the moment I got pregnant but I don't think I'll actually feel like a mother until I get to see and hold Lily.

My husband surprised me this morning with a Calla Lily plant for my bedroom and made me breakfast in bed. He also gave me two cute pregnancy shirts. One that says "Love my Buddha Belly" and the other one says "Geek Incubator". I think they are both adorable and I can't wait to wear them.

Unfortunately my husband had to go into work today so I'm home alone. I can't be mad at him because I know how bad he feels about having to go into work and honestly, because I don't feel like a mother yet, I'm not really bummed about it. I know next year Lily will be with me and I'll be able to do something wonderful. I can't wait!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful mothers.

No comments:

Post a Comment