Tuesday, May 25, 2010

32 weeks Doctor Visit - I graduated!

Today I had two doctor's appointments like normal. I met first with my high risk doctor. I was excited to be going to see him. We haven't seen baby Lily in an ultrasound in a month and during these visits we get to see her and also check on the status of my cervix.

Everything went normal and my cervix was magically measuring 2.8 cm again. Remember anything over 2.5 is considered safe and normal for me. Since we had a scare in the hospital a few weeks back I made sure I was strict on bed rest to make sure this visit went well. With that said, after all the images were captured of my cervix and baby Lily, I was told I had graduated!!! I was so happy. This means that I won't be going back to the high risk doctor because in a few short weeks (maybe 3 to 4) my stitches will be removed and baby Lily will hopefully be born soon after. Its an amazing accomplishment for us all, I'm so glad we made it this far.

It was cool to see bits and pieces of Lily in the ultrasound pictures, we couldn't see her all at once because she is getting to big to fit into one shot. She weighs a little under 4 pounds and is in the 50th percentile, exactly where you want her to be. We are really pleased.

My parents came up to be with us for these appointments. It was very nice to share this time with them. My husband is so proud of me. I am so proud of him. I couldn't of done it without his help. He is such a great support for me.

After all the good news, we went to our next appointment with my OB. She was pleased to hear I had graduated and told me I was looking really good. The baby's heartbeat is healthy and my blood pressure is still nice and low. All is going so good. I'm so pleased. Bed rest has really made all the difference for baby Lily. We spoke with my OB on taking out my stitches. She is going to be the one to remove them and I couldn't be happier. I really hope she will be able to deliver me. At 36 or 37 weeks she is going to remove the stitches in the hospital and watch me for a few hours to see if I start labor or not. If not they will send me home to let nature take its course naturally.

Its amazing to think that in a few short weeks I could be delivering my beautiful bundle of joy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment