Friday, April 16, 2010

Elvis has left the building....


Its been five weeks that my mom has been able to come up during the weeks and help me. Today will be her last day here for a while. I will miss her as she was so very helpful. Most of all it was just nice being able to spend so much time together. We've been through a lot together but at the end of the day, she's here for me and I cherish that about her.

The next couple of weeks should be fun and adventurous for me. I'm going to be calling on all of my friends to come visit me, and help break up my day. I do have few things to look forward to. I am going to be staying at a nice hotel in town with my hubby for four days (perks: bed rest with room service and free movies) as he has a company conference he has to attend. Then the following week is our 5 year wedding anniversary and we might plan a peaceful outing for me. Nothing fancy but even a car ride to go lay on a blanket in the park would be nice. My husband has been so strong through all of this. He is the glue that holds me together and he is the best support system I could ever have.

Before you know it, it will be the middle of May and maybe I'll be able to finish putting the final details on my baby shower. (That's if I get to have one) Otherwise its back to planning for Lily's arrival. Bed rest hasn't been that bad. I have my ups and downs but I'm staying positive and pushing through it. Its very nice to have so much support from my family and friends. Keep it coming. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Add to your mid-May calendar a visit from me and Baby too! Hopefully we'll be able to come visit you within the first week or so after she arrives :-) I promise she will have a name by then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Theresa, I'll be looking forward to a visit from you and your new little girl. Can't wait to meet her and can't wait to find out her name. I know you have been working so hard at figuring that out. :-)

    ReplyDelete